• Show
Clear All

• Phrases you'll hear tonight

"Battled till the end"
    "Need to finish"
    "Improving"
    "Guys want to win"

Comment

• Meh, I'm fine with them not taking callers. Otherwise you risk ending up with stuff like this.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Anyone still listen to the Monday shows? I've tapped out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
          Anyone still listen to the Monday shows? I've tapped out.
          If you've heard one, you've heard them all
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• IB just said he doesn’t believe in running players off. If he recruited them he wants them to finish their careers as a Shocker. Not sure how he retools the roster with that plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
              IB just said he doesn’t believe in running players off. If he recruited them he wants them to finish their careers as a Shocker. Not sure how he retools the roster with that plan.
              Then IB went on to to point out that the top two teams in the AAC currently both have three transfers as starters

Did he think that statement was going to strengthen his approach ?

Comment

• We shouldn’t “run-off” players. Whatever that even
                means.

Unless Run-off = giving the player honest feedback and evaluation of what the future holds for them In terms of playing time and role.

Comment

• Coach Wedge started his show just now and stated ‘that what we saw this weekend was not Shocker Baseball and figure it out or you’ll be gone.’ I’m paraphrasing of course.

What kind of players coach is he?

IB might want to hangout and listen for an hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                    Coach Wedge started his show just now and stated ‘that what we saw this weekend was not Shocker Baseball and figure it out or you’ll be gone.’ I’m paraphrasing of course.

What kind of players coach is he?

IB might want to hangout and listen for an hour.
                    I like it. No BS approach

Comment

IB just said he doesn’t believe in running players off. If he recruited them he wants them to finish their careers as a Shocker. Not sure how he retools the roster with that plan.
                      He's a nice guy.

Comment

He won't have to. They will leave anyway.

I am going to say there will be 6-7 minimum leave (most just cause they will have graduated) Won't be surprised if it is more.

So we will see how he handles the "re-tooling"
                        Last edited by shockerfan; February 21, 2022, 07:22 PM.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I think we’ve got plenty of guys on the team where we know what they are, what their strengths and weaknesses are, and whether they can play at the AAC level. We clearly have some guys that don’t have the talent we need to be successful. Sometimes you have to help them find a better fit. But we can’t afford to keep a roster of sub-AAC players just to be nice.

Comment

• Pretty sure we have scholarships to use in hand plus there will always be transfers of players that aren’t getting playing time.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

He won't have to. They will leave anyway.

I am going to say there will be 6-7 minimum leave (most just cause they will have graduated) Won't be surprised if it is more.

So we will see how he handles the "re-tooling"
                              Based on some comments by Monzys mom on Twitter after the game... He's out the door

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                                We shouldn’t “run-off” players. Whatever that even
                                means.

Unless Run-off = giving the player honest feedback and evaluation of what the future holds for them In terms of playing time and role.
                                I don't think any coach would admit to "running-off players" publicly, but it's easy to see who the coaches see as contributors and who they do not. There are only six players that I would consider regular contributors for this team, and very few players will stay on a team where they do not have a path to minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X